Door handle removal

Got a question? This is the place to ask
duggar

Door handle removal

Post by duggar »

I am having a very hard time removing the inside driver door handle on my Sport Fury. It is the handle that opens the door from the inside next to the driver. The window crank handles came off easy but I can't get this handle off for anything. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get it off.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Hi Duggar - If you have the 1957 - 1958 Service Manual look on page 405 and you will see the tool that removes the door handles. You will have to make one of those. Years ago (30) I bought a KD #435 tool from the local NAPA dealer, you might try them. It looks similar to the one in the book but it has to handles somewhat like pliers that you squeese behind the handle to disengage the clip that holds the handle on the shaft. The shaft is square and has a groove that the clip snaps into, get a flashlight and look behind the handle you shoul be able to see the clip. Turn the handle straight up, insert a screwdriver from the left side, push to the right and if you are lucky it will release, if after a dozen trys and it still doesn't work try from the right side. Good Luck.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
duggar

Door Handle Removal

Post by duggar »

I will try again tomorrow. I need to find one of those tools.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

The window crank and door handle are clipped on the same way. If you are prying out on the spring part and it still won't come off, the shaft must be corroded into the handle. More wiggling needed!
By the way, did you receive the tranny pushbuttons I sent?
Roger
duggar

Pushbuttons

Post by duggar »

Roger,
I did get your pushbuttons. To make sure I thanked you I am posting this again.
Thanks, Very much appreciated.

C :D huck